วันศุกร์ที่ 21 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Japan [1999/Expensive and Interesting]

Japan

In July of l999, I took a trip to Japan, visited a friend I had met in Turkey, in l996. She and I had a good time. We spent time in Tokyo, Kyoto, and several other locations. We went to the top of he Tokyo Tower, it was built in l957, and is taller than Paris' Eiffel Tower (of which I've been to, or to the top: Paris now I understand from a friend that just came back gives .52 cents to the dollar, or they convert 18% to convert dollars at venders, and banks will not convert money for Americans: I always knew they didn't like us, but that is depressing news; oh well, back to Japan). And we went to several temples. Kyoto, was perhaps one of the good cities I liked, matter-of-fact it remains one of my favored cities in the world. In a colse to city, by Kyoto, there was an international sumo wrestling, international tournament going on (0 dollars a ticket, and you get the 13th row) and I attended that. all was quite expensive; I'd say the most high-priced city in the world is Tokyo. I did go to the top of Mount Fuji, as well as going town the most sublime city road in Kyoto, where the Geishas were. I was allowed in a few inns, and talk to the head Geisha, and was shown around. The food in Japan never filled me up it seemed. I did go to some traditional small, traditional wooden inns, family-run guesthouses you might say. Food comes dish by dish, when you think its over, the dinner, its not. All in all, the population of Japan were indifferent to me, I doubt they knew I was there, but when confronted, were kind.

Japanese School Girls

Japan [1999/Expensive and Interesting]

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น