วันอาทิตย์ที่ 24 มิถุนายน พ.ศ. 2555

Even After Tragedy, Life Goes On

I remember the day I screamed down the hall of my high school... "Doesn't whatever care any more?" I was 16 and my Mom had died a few months before. I was sitting in typing class and it unexpectedly and suddenly hit me how everybody was carrying on with their lives, as if nothing had happened.

I right away left the room in the middle of class, so no one would see the tears streaming down my face. Mrs. Newsome followed and asked where I was going. And, that's when I hollered down the hall.

Japanese School Girls

I left the school grounds, without permission, and spent the rest of the day sitting at my Mom's grave. That's when I realized life does go on, even after a tragedy.

It doesn't matter if it's the personal tragedy of a young girl or one that affects millions of people. Before you know it, everybody is laughing, shopping, sleeping, and talking about the most recent celebrity gossip, as if nothing ever happened.

My Dad died three years after my Mom. On Christmas Eve. Yep... Life went on!

It's been over 30 years since I was that sad and confused adolescent girl. I now know life must go on. We can't live in constant grief lest we miss out on the beauty of being alive. We have to fetch all our courage and celebrate life! I also know how much it means to me when man expresses their maintain at the loss of my parents, even after all these years.

On March 11, 2011 a gigantic earthquake and tsunami devastated parts of Japan. Since then, the Japanese have been plagued with the further threat of nuclear fall out.

The corporeal and psychological damage is catastrophic. It will take years for that country to recover. Yet, people have virtually stopped talking and tweeting about it already... And it occurred less than a month ago. The knowledge of that makes me feel a bit like that sad and confused 16 year old girl again.

So, I'm manufacture a promise to stop and remember those affected and lift them up in prayer, for years to come. I vow to keep their plight in front of others so we will continue to maintain them as best we can.

Most of all, I'm praying for the children who became orphans that day. I'm praying for them to perceive they will laugh, shop, sleep, and talk about trivial things again one day. I did!

Even After Tragedy, Life Goes On

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น